Every year we release an Australian Donation and Transplantation Activity Report in collaboration with the donation and transplantation sector.
The data reports provide an annual snapshot of key metrics on organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation – both deceased and living – as well as comparison and trend data from previous years. They also provide data on consent rates, registration rates and information about the rarity of donation.
We use the data to inform ongoing improvements to donation and transplantation programs and we share the report publicly to be transparent about the challenges and opportunities facing the sector, and to encourage people to register and talk to their family about donation.
On this page you will find data reports dating back to 2013.
See Stats in Australia for an overview of the latest data.
2021 data report:
- 2021 media overview factsheet (645KB PDF)
- 2021 opt-in, opt out factsheet (348KB PDF)
- 2021 organ donation process factsheet (214KB PDF)
2020 data report:
2019 data report:
- 2019 deceased organ donation and transplantation (216KB PDF)
- 2019 living organ donation and transplantation (172KB PDF)
- 2019 eye and tissue donation and transplantation (246KB PDF)
- 2019 increasing family consent to donation (175KB PDF)
2018 data report:
- 2018 deceased organ donation and transplantation (416KB PDF)
- 2018 living donation and transplantation (184KB PDF)
- 2018 eye and tissue donation and transplantation (359KB PDF)
2017 data report:
- 2017 deceased organ donation and transplantation (159KB PDF)
- 2017 living donation and transplantation (259KB PDF)
- 2017 eye and tissue donation and transplantation outcomes (178KB PDF)
- 2017 reasons why consented donors do not proceed to donation (133KB PDF)
- 2017 patients listed for solid organ transplantation (291KB PDF)
2016 data report:
2015 data report:
2014 data report:
2013 data report: